Associate Director Position Description
The Pregnancy Care Centre is a Christian non-profit, charitable organization. Founded in 1984, the Pregnancy Care Centre exists so that women and men making pregnancy decisions do not need to feel alone nor believe that abortion is their only option. Free and confidential support, pregnancy tests, referrals and connections to community resources are offered without judgement or discrimination to individuals from one of five different locations in Toronto.
For more information about client services, please visit www.IAmNotAlone.ca
For more information about supporter opportunities, please visit www.PCCfriends.ca
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Associate Director (AD) will share in organizational leadership as the Pregnancy Care Centre continues to grow. This is a new position with the organization that requires a candidate have a minimum of 5 years of management experience. The Associate Director gives leadership to the staff, volunteers and new program development linked to the PCC’s downtown office. She will share in mentoring colleagues who give client support and serve in other leadership responsibilities. The successful candidate will be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and exhibits strong commitment to the sanctity of life, and passionately identifies with the Pregnancy Care Centre’s mission.
- Plan, develop and implement the startup of the PCC’s new Campus Outreach program in downtown Toronto
- Recruit, and oversee a group of volunteers on campus to serve in the campus program
- Write, edit, publish and post information on campus to raise awareness of pregnancy support services available thought the PCC’s downtown office
- Evaluate to ensure new program activates are compliant with the organization’s direction and policies
- Oversee peer counseling and other services provided for clients in the downtown office
- Ensure volunteer staff are available to provide client support during advertised hours of opening
- Facilitate First Response Training workshops for Christian campus and church groups wanting to equipped to be a PCC Advocate
- Follow up with trainees to offer opportunities to serve in a volunteer capacity
- Manage the database to ensure records are accurate, up-to-date (i.e. training , and volunteer information)
- Represent the ministry and services of the Pregnancy Care Centre to the churches relating to the Downtown office
- Evaluate the training program, and the training needs of staff and volunteers on an annual basis.
- Share in the Human Resource management f PCC staff and volunteer team
- Coordinate spiritual support, ongoing training and organize social events
- Educate local community near the downtown office about the work of the Pregnancy Care Centre
- Maintain working relationships with churches, community leaders, and agencies downtown
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in church leadership or nonprofit management.
- Demonstrated spiritual leadership with strong bible knowledge and application to PCC work
- Demonstrated success in program development, and overseeing plans
- Educational background in human resources or nonprofit management an asset
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products with expertise in using the internet as a resource tool
- Ability to supervise and to work effectively with staff and volunteers
- Self-starter, able to work towards goals with little supervision and work independently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for service
- Strategic and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, able to serve as a spokesperson at presentations and events requiring public presence
- A valid driving license, use of a personal car and willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work flexible hours often during evenings and weekends.
Full Time Position 35 hours / week
This role will require flexibility in scheduling and person will need to work evening and weekends
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume, cover letter and their salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Pregnancy Care Centre. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.